7.22.2008

My Work Shower





Well, here are some shots from my work shower. It was such a neat day! It was a hard day when I woke up that morning - Nate was still gone, and it was just a hard morning. But my spirits were lifted to see all the sweet things De Anna did for me, and all the people that came - it really touched me how many people were there. The room was really cute, too, with fresh flowers and balloons. De Anna did a great job. And we got a lot of really cute things for Eden, too.

I took all the presents home and left them in Eden's room (along with the mylar balloon boquet) so that when Nate came home he could have a little party of his own. We had a lot of fun moving around the furniture this weekend and going through all the stuff. Nate put all the clothes in the dresser. He kept holding things up and saying, "Oh, this is so cute!" He had not seen any of the new stuff or hand-me-downs yet. We're going to have to change Eden's outfit every few hours just so she has a chance to wear everything!

My non-work shower is this weekend - I can't wait!! Erinn is throwing that party, so I'm sure it will be a lot of fun. She took me shopping today to buy me something new to wear - isn't that the sweetest thing? And I'm going to go get my hair done and a pedicure that morning before I go. Isn't that decadent??? I normally would never pay someone to wash and blow dry my hair, but I get so tired out doing it myself that this is a super-special treat. Anyway, it should be a fun day. I'm really looking forward to it.

And then, after the showers are over, we'll be all ready to get the room set up in earnest, and can buy the necessary things that don't come during one of the showers. And then Eden will be here! How exciting.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Aw, man, you are so adorable! How fun. I wish I could have been there. I remember it IS so hard to do your own hair - enjoy the treat!

Love you,
Hilary

Abby said...

I love seeing so many pictures of you! I hope Debby got the gift I sent to her for your shower. I needed her to wrap it. I miss you! Hugs & Kisses!!!

XOXO Abbs

Mom said...

Tomorrow is your shower, and I am all ready! How unusual. I can't wait to be part of the fun. Ooooo, this is so exciting. Eden will be here before you know it.