In honor of the new year, and of Eden's favorite song, I thought I'd make a list of a few of my favorite things.
(And don't worry, I know our picture is sideways. I'll fix it later. Priorities, my peeps, priorities.)
1. Cuddling with Eden in the morning.
2. Playing with Eden in her room.
3. The necklaces and bracelets I got for Christmas.
4. Making bread.
5. Walking into the bedroom after my shower and seeing Nathan and Eden snuggling in bed together, fast asleep.
6. Hot drinks.
7. My husband.
(I should point out that this list is not in any particular order. BABE. It simply has to do with the broken irregularity of the post partum mind.)
8. Being a parent together with Nate.
9. Watching Eden learn.
10. Talking to my sisters; or, better yet, visiting them.
11. Feeling productive, useful and smart at work.
12. Using my new pen at work.
13. Rainy days at home.
14. Learning to cook Indian food.
15. Reading.
16. Wine.
17. Indian food, reading, and wine together would be nice, but highly unlikely in the forseeable future.
18. Singing.
19. Reading in the shower.
20. Scrapbooking.
21. Listening to Nate play his guitar(s).
That's enough for now because it's time for me to go take a shower while Peanut and Daddy are happily playing together on the couch. Just wanted to share a few of the things that make me smile as I go about my days.
Happy New Year!
4 comments:
I'll be looking forward to a bit of that tasty home made bread :-)
how do you read in the shower?
You don't want to know. Ha ha ha...
Do you know I could have got a plane ticket to SD for last Friday - Tuesday for $200?!!!! If only I had no restraints! I would have been there in a heartbeat!
Miss you,
Hil
Post a Comment