12.01.2009

My little cocoon

I have NOT  been in a writing mood lately.

NOT been in a sharing mood lately.

And I have NOT been cracking a smile much at work lately.

Really, folks, I'm doing okay. I really am. (Really, really, Casey - I promise!) I've just been in my cocoon lately.

It's where I go when things get really busy, even if things are really good busy. I think my central nervous system just needs a little downtime so when things start whirling around in my "outer" world, I tend to retreat a little more into the "inner" me.

So, like I said, things are pretty busy. And in the spirit of writing lists (I think it's a family trait--although apparently there are a lot of people out there who like lists) I'll just share a few of them here:
  • Work is crazy busy. It was crazy before we lost one to retirement and the other to...well....drama. Now it's C.R.A.Z.Y. busy.
  • Tax season is coming up. (Sorry, it's on my mind.)
  • It's the holidays. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!! Cookies, decorations, letters, presents, carols, parties, candles, lights, stories, hugs. And with The Peanut, to boot. It's certainly a very merry month around here.
  • Nate is crazy busy. December is probably one of the busiest months of the year for a gigging musician. (I can probably sing back the entire score of "Carol of the Bells" in Transiberian Orchestra format for you right now, on the spot, licks and all.)
  • Oh, and then there's life. Shopping. Cooking. Cleaning. Mending. Sorting. Tossing. Organizing. Playing. Bathing. Sleeping.
So, I called in to a meeting this morning from home, and now that the Peanut is off to Grandma's and Nate is off to teach I'm going to dig into the housecleaning with a vengence and get that part of life taken care of -- if just for awhile -- so that we can rest and relax in the precious few hours we get to ourselves this time of year.

Remembering that this, too, is just a season, and it won't last forever. So I had better enjoy it while it's here!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Amen. Amen amen amen.
Love you,
Hilary