Anyway, I logged on to write about all this here, then found this old post. It is good to remember that fun night. It's just the breath of fresh air I needed.
And, for the record, Juana is starting back up again on Monday.
***
Today sucked, but it was a fabulous day, too.
I'm loving work right now, but the sheer quantity of it is overwhelming and quite stressful. I'm loving my family right now, but I never get to see them and I miss them like hell. I'm loving my self right now, but I don't get enough sleep and exercise feels like a mirage. I'm a million miles wide and an inch deep, and unless someone is going to add a few more hours to my day, I've got to figure out another way to get this thing called "life" done.
I don't really see that there is anything to cut...only things to add. So I'm going to have to figure out how to do things smarter. Guess I really need to bite the bullet and hire a housekeeper. (Ugh.)
Eden was an absolute ham tonight, so sweet and hilarious. I wish we'd had a camera following us around all evening. She wanted to go to Swami's for dinner, so we went. It's like home away from home, one of our favorite places to go. She had Nate and I cracking up as she ordered her pancake and milk like a pro from the wine menu (the portfolio was small, just her size). She had the system down pat, and handled that waitress more skillfully than many an adult. And, after dinner, she successfully used the bathroom and ran back across the restaurant to Nate yelling, "I did it, Daddy! I went potty!" at the top of her lungs. All the women and most of the men were smiling at her.
![]() |
| A cute (and un-related) picture of my little (big) girl. |
Off, then, to the mall, for a quick trip to See's (Eden's "Mommy, Daddy, and Eden, our FAM-I-LEEE!" under her breath as we left was too cute) before stocking up at Target ("Buy your pants at Target, Daddy, Target has everything we need!"). She was running up and down the aisles singing, dancing, and lifting everything but the cat litter into the cart herself with lots of comments about how strong she is ("I have ARM strength!").
There is nothing in all the world as wonderful as coming home worn out from work and having one of those golden, I-couldn't-plan-this-if-I'd-tried kind of evenings with your family. Not a thing.

1 comment:
Yay for Juana. I still want her to come visit. For the record with the tantrum thing, it gets better and more challenging a the same time. It's your child's way of strengthening you marriage.
Post a Comment