It's a sleepy Saturday morning.
Saturday mornings have been starting later than normal. Nate's been playing downtown at The Field on Fridays and he doesn't get home until 1:30 or 2. Which means he sleeps late b/c he's tired, and I sleep late, because I lie awake much later than usual b/c it's hard for me to go to sleep without him.
I love quiet mornings, before everyone else has gotten up. I love to sit and read while I sip my coffee. Reminds me of Dad. Haven't I already reminisced on this? It's one of my favorite memories.
Today Nathan and I are going to go to the Natural History Museum and see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit. It's supposed to be pretty amazing. It's not just the Dead Sea Scrolls. I'll write all about it so those of you who aren't here can know what it was like. I figure that this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see something so old and I want to be able to tell my children about it.
Speaking of children...seems there is a little one growing inside of me again, much to my shock and amazement. I didn't think that would happen so fast! If I'm on a 4-week cycle (and I'm not sure) then my first trimester will be over 2/11/08, right between our birthdays and right around the time little Joshua will be born at Abigail and Mike's house. So that's my new milestone. I must admit I am a little nervous, but I'm also calm because I know there is not a whole lot I can do about it other than wait, pray, and be good to myself.
Based on these same calculations, my due date would be right around August 25. HOT, HOT, HOT, HOT. I'm calling the a/c installer Monday to come take a look at our place and see what we can do.
I can hear Nate snoring in the bedroom, and the occasionally "click" of the coffeemaker as it keeps my (decaf) coffee warm. I think I'm going to go sit on the couch and finish The Cathedral Within.
I feel like I'm in the quiet, still waters of a river right before the rapids. Or in the lull of the ocean in between a set of big waves. Eight months left before we close one chapter and open another.
All is calm, all is bright.
No comments:
Post a Comment