I have quite a few ideas floating around in my head but none of them are polished enough for the blog, yet.
One is that I'm going to start writing book reviews on the books I read. I just finished a particularly interesting book -- Having Faith by Sandra Steingraber. It's up there on my top 5 list of life-changing books (along with Three Cups of Tea). I'll save most of my thoughts for my book review, but in short, she is an ecologist who studies the effects of contaminants in our population and specifically how they affect babies in utero and beyond. It was fascinating -- sobering -- and I am going to read it again before I review it.
On to other news, today I am heading up to LA to visit Nate for a few days. This year is particularly hard for both of us because Eden is "here" and neither of us like being apart. He misses seeing my belly move and grow, making sure I'm taken care of, and talking through my "belly microphone" to Eden. I miss his back rubs, foot rubs, big hugs, and constant reassurances that the world is still spinning correctly on its axis.
Actually, I've been pretty busy lately so the time is going pretty fast. I've been nesting like crazy. I hope I still have belongings left after this is all over. ha ha ha.
I have a few errands to do before I can hit the road, and my biggest dilemma is whether or not to wash my hair. It's such a big job, between the heat and having to stand on my feet long enough to dry it. I'll be glad when I don't weigh so much any more. It's taking a toll on my poor feet.
Okay, I had better get back to my list. I don't want to be late getting on the road because LA traffic can be horrid. At least I'll be driving the Prius, which is really comfy and fun to be in.
I hope everyone has a very happy day today!
(Eden just packed a solid kick in my side, so she must agree.) :)
1 comment:
Safe travels! I know how hard it is to be great with child... it's not great at all.
Hilary
Post a Comment