6.04.2008

Seven Things I Know Now That I Didn't Know Before

Pregnancy has given me a new and different perspective on a few things - and also taken me down some paths I never expected to find myself on. For instance, I have found that:

* The pregnancy waddle has nothing to do with carrying extra weight, it's the jingle-jangle of four loose pelvic bones scrunching together without any ligament support

* One really doesn't need coffee to survive; decaf lattes are just as nice (this, of course, will fly out the window once the child has arrived)

* Sometimes--at parties or events--it's nice to go to the bathroom not because you need to pee, but because you really just need a chance to sit down and get off your feet for a few minutes

* Nobody cares how much you eat; in fact, they encourage it (this can be dangerous)

* People walk fast

* There is a Secret Glance that pregnant women give each other in an elevator or across an aisle at a grocery store that says, "hey, I know just what you're going through and hang in there!" without ever having met the other person

* All mattresses are NOT created equal

2 comments:

Abby said...

I just wanted to send you a friendly hello! I hope your having a great Friday! Give your tummy a kiss for me, or have Nate do it if you can't reach it anymore :) Hehe! I still have to see more pictures!!! Love you lots! Hugs & Kisses!

Abby & Joshua

Abby said...

I think you are the cutest pregnant person I have ever seen! I love you! Leave us a new post soon!