12.03.2008

I'm baa-ack, Part 2

So far, so "good".....

Work has actually been great for me. So far. I forgot how much I really love my work. I love having a handle on something that I'm good at. Something productive. Things have really changed in the office, but the core of my work is still there and I'm really looking forward to figuring out what next year will bring.

That said, the transition has not been without hurdles....As Debby put it, I think we were all worried about me and how I would handle it. I think we should have been more worried about Eden and Nate! Eden has decided to refuse a bottle. Which makes it hard on Nate and Debby because now they are dealing with a massively frustrated child any time they try and feed her. And she's hungry. Which means that, until she takes a bottle, I may be working shorter days and sleeping a lot less at night.

Nate's struggling, too. He has a lot of schoolwork due this week. At least he only has a few weeks left in school and then he'll be on break until late January. (What a relief that will be!) So, if we can just hang in there for a few more days of this I think we'll be in a much better place to handle the transition.

I must say, it is an odd and new feeling to wake up in the morning and have another soul to care for, feed, clothe and then...leave behind... I am getting much better about letting go and letting Nate take care of her. I think I was a bit selfish during my months at home. Not that it was a bad thing. He was busy and I was treasuring every single moment I had without work on the brain. Now it's his turn.

I must say, there is nothing like those big blue eyes lighting up at the sight of me after being gone all day, and the huge, huge grins she's giving us. Makes up for all the sad crying. She is growing so much every day. I'm so proud of her, and happy to be her momma.

Speaking of, she rolled over last Friday - I'll post a video soon!

Love to all. I've had lots of well-wishes and am hoping to update everyone at once via this post. (And thank you, Mom, for your email. I read the whole thing. And I'll call you soon!)

Love your day today. It's only going to happen once.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Thinking about you today... I love you!

XO,
Hilary