I'm sitting in my office, looking out at the afternoon sun filtering through the pine needles on the tree just outside my window. The sky is clear blue, and it's a bit chilly today. (For you Michigan-ers, that means it's low 60s. Whatever.)
Eden is here, sleeping in her car seat on the floor next to my desk. She'll occasionally stir, make a little noise, and then settle back into sleep. I can't get over how angelic and serene her little face looks. How flawless her translucent skin is. How sweet her little lips, and her tiny nose. Her eyelashes sweep her cheeks, hiding those big, blue orbs that steal my heart away.
Daddy brought her by on his way to a gig and I was going to feed her and traipse back home for the weekend, but as long as she's happily asleep I guess I'll just keep working away. Have the Christmas tunes going. And my desk is nearly cleared. I would most definitely call it tidy.
Nate has 2 gigs tonight but none this weekend, which is great. Because this has been a long, challenging week. Not bad, just a bit of a difficult adjustment. Which we both expected. Anyhow, it will be good to relax together, get our house cleaned up, and get back to square one before next week begins.
It is so peaceful. Sleeping babies and Christmas music. A better pair I have not yet found.
No comments:
Post a Comment