So, I haven't been writing much lately. I haven't been real inspired lately. Kind of in more of a...."Hangin' In There" phase, I guess.
Eden is crawling en force now! She started about 3 1/2 weeks ago with a one-leg-behind schoochy schoochy maneuver, but now she's certainly got the hang of it. She would rather be walking, for sure, and I don't doubt that she'll be venturing out on her own soon. In the meantime, we all have sore backs from walking around behind her, holding her arms and being her training wheels for her. Good thing she's cute!
Nate's out of school; he's on summer break for college and also for the high school he teaches at. It's nice to have him home so much more. We're drinking it in because, come August, it will be back to crazy. I'll be working and teaching, he'll be working and teaching and gigging. Actually, I will be gigging, too...picked up another church gig for awhile. Every little bit helps.
Eden has just gotten over a few rough days - tooth number three has surfaced, the cheaper diapers caused a rash and are now history in lieu of good 'ol Pampers, and she's realized that people do not disappear when they say bye-bye. Which, I suppose, is nice, but it makes for much more difficult good-byes.
Tuesday, Nate and Eden came to visit me for lunch. She was all smiles; friendly, and walking all over the first floor, exploring. Then came time to leave...and I had to stand at the front of the building while Nate carried her away shrieking, "Mama, mama, mama!!!" at the top of her lungs. I found out later that a gal on the second floor heard a child screaming and looked out the window and saw them walking up the street. "That was yours?" she said to me later that evening. Ah, yes, that would be my Eden. Poor baby.
But all this has made for some super sweet cuddle times lately. Eden is a cuddler, just like her mommy and daddy. We all three love hugging, kissing and cuddling with each other. When she's sad, she'll throw her head under our chin or on our chest and just sob...and it's so different than when she was a baby, because I can see that she is finding comfort in me, and seeking me out for solace. It is one of the most wonderful feelings, to be needed that way. (Although I certainly wish she had no need to cry!)
This past weekend we just rested, which I sorely needed. Work has been quite draining lately, and it was really good to just sit around, play and be with my family. Daddy & Eden even let me take a long nap on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to Friday this weekend, because we'll be together all day again. Michael has 8th grade graduation and then we're driving up to Fallbrook for cousin Julie's wedding, but we'll be together all day, and it will be a restful day even though we won't be at home.
Well, that's about all my tired brain can muster for this evening. It's not very exciting, but it's what we're up to lately. Even though I haven't had any great epiphanies or discoveries lately I am reveling in the every day ordinary things that make life so wonderful. My baby. My Nathan. The beautiful sky. The quiet stillness in my office when everyone else is out. The sound of the wind chimes by our front door. The way Eden's hair smells after a long day of play. Nate's absent-minded patting on my back when we hug that has appeared ever since Eden got here. It's not an easy life, but it's a good life, and I'm so thankful for it. Every day.
1 comment:
I love the new pics you put on FB! I haven't been on line in a while so I just saw them :) Very cute! I need you to send me some prints so I have some to put up in Josh's room with his other cousins! He points to them every morning and tries to "name" them :)
Post a Comment