6.29.2010

On Eden

Just a few random things I didn't want to forget about today....
 
I love the fact that we can communicate with Eden now. She woke up briefly tonight around midnight and as I was holding and nursing her she opened up her eyes -- all big and round -- and said, "down." Such a cute, sleepy, little voice. So I put her down, and she rolled over, and felt fast asleep again.
 
I'm glad, because we've had a hard couple of months. Mommy has been through a pretty stressful time at work, and Daddy's been gone a lot recording and, well, it was just nice to see her at peace and all sleepy-cute.
 
Earlier today she was so excited because she found a purple tank top for me to wear.
 
We were sitting out on the corner patch of grass, watching cars go by and practicing "tying" Bear's bow when a bus came by. Eden held up her bear to see the bus (in the completely unassuming, unabashed manner only a toddler can have) and the bus driver honked back at her! Beep, beep! Oh, she was so impressed. She even helped Bear wave "bye, bye" to the bus.
 
When we were rocking to sleep tonight the song came up that goes, "Sunshine, on my shoulder, makes me happy...."  Eden looked up at me and said, "happy!" I asked, "Are you happy?" And she replied, "Yeah! Momma happy, Daddy happy, Me happy!"
 
And while we're on the topic of writing things down so we don't forget them....
....yesterday, Nate and Eden and I were killing time at the mall and, more specifcally, Barnes and Noble. Usually we hang out by the Thomas the Train table, or by the Elmo books, but none of us really wanted to leave so we were kind of meandering around the kids section. Eden found a round table with little benches, and she hurriedly pulled out a little bench and sat right up to the table. I sat down with her, and then Nate found us and sat down, too. I thought she was into it because the table was her size. She kept pointing to a flyer that was in a metal sign holder in the middle of the table, and saying, "I want that." The flyer was of a fairy mouse and was advertising a certain book. I couldn't figure out why she was saying she wanted it. (She was so emphatic, but wasn't interested in any of the books nearby, including the mouse book.)  An employee walked by the table and Eden looked up and said, "I'm hungry! I want that!" and pointed to the sign again. That's when Nate and I realized she thought we were at a restaurant table. It about broke my heart to have to tell her she was wrong, but she only appeared confused for a moment and then decided she wanted to go outside.
 
Dear, dear, smart little girl. There's not much that gets past her!

1 comment:

Lisa C said...

Hi!!!

Such a sweet post. I especially like the little story about the "restaurant" table.