Let's see, what else has happened since then?
- A repeat flood before the property management took any action
- Camped in our house for two weeks with no toilet and no water down the drains (hooray for being able to use the tap for drinking water and cooking!)
- Got Nate's car back from body shop sans rear-end collision (over $11k damage there, too)
- Nate's car went to the dealer to fix a battery issue (another $1k! But it's the first thing it's needed in 100k miles, so we are only milding whining on that one)
- Nate was interviewing for a new job (which he landed, hooray!)
- I've been (attempting) training for a half marathon
- We all got sick
- Thanksgiving somewhere in there
- Nate's debut solo album CD release show
- Eden's Christmas program
- BUSY work season, for both of us
- Water heater is now leaking...
The quiet, unhurried, uncomplicated holiday season I was looking forward to -- a memory-making season -- was torn out of my grasp. The new holiday season I was given was certainly NOT what I wanted, and most definitely NOT what I had asked for. But it was handed to me, with all of it's decisions, harried agendas, discomfort and mayhem.
A memory-making season, no doubt.
I still feel overwhelmed. But then I look at these:
And the list doesn't seem quite so important.
...Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night...
1 comment:
Eden is beautiful!
And so are you. I love you.
Post a Comment