11.04.2007

Pirates and Cowgirls and Witches...Oh, my!

Today dawned cold and foggy - the drippy kind of fog that smells like rain - so I snuggled up in my turquoise turtleneck from Mom, brewed a thermos of coffee, and off we went to church. Linda was sick today, so I played keyboard as well as sang. It is so much fun. (Well, when the songs are easy, which they were today.)

By the time we left church it wasn't so foggy any more and my turtleneck was getting a little warm, but no worries! We were off to the 2nd Annual Hart Family Halloween Party, hosted by two lovely little girls, Alex and Rachel. Alex is (?) 4, near 5 (I think) and Rachel just turned 3. They are Casey's girls.

When we pulled up to their house we could hear the kids playing on the jumpy in the backyard. Nate was a little aprehensive because we didn't know anyone there (except Casey, who he had not yet met in person) and we don't have any kids. Odd couple out. But we're used to being odd, so I wasn't too worried. Besides, Casey's a ton of fun.

We snuck into a bedroom to change into our (may I say) fabulous pirate outfits. Alex was a cowgirl (her Daddy, a cowboy) and Casey and Rachel were witches. Rachel and I painted masks together and when I was in the jumpy with Alex she reached up and grabbed my hand. Such sweet and welcoming moments. I wonder if they knew I was feeling "new" or if they were just being friendly!

Maybe next year we won't be the odd couple out - Casey and Dave's friend Loren sprinkled magic fairy dust on us so we would get pregnant soon. I hope it works! :)

Now I'm off to one of Nate's gigs...a full day, for sure, but one full of wonderful people and wonderful memories. If Casey emails me pictures I'll post them so you can see our outfits.

No comments: