Until Tuesday, when I woke up with a very, VERY sore boob.
(Not as bad as it could be, I know, but YEESH, it HURTS!!!)
I thought said sore boob was a result of some very enthusiastic head-whipping by my loving daughter during an in-bed nursing session during the night. Poor thing probably wasn't getting enough milk flow. Upon awakening, I discovered a nice white blister on the end of my nipple. Thank God for the Internet, where I soon found some great sites (love kellymom.com!) that told me said white blister was called a "bleb," and that there wasn't much to do besides nurse and moist heat.
So.....has anyone ever nursed on a milk blister? I would say it would be something akin to sucking on a canker sore non-stop for 20 minutes. Or, we could put it this way: anyone who survives any sort of nursing on open sores could easily make through a tattoo.
Well, enough of that. It's much better now, thank you, but even writing about it makes me shudder and ache. bleugh!
Now, onto Eden, the light of my life, the joy in my heart, and the adorable cuteness whom I go through all this nipple pain for...
Isn't she so cute? She is small! She's not in that pink blanket. No, if you look carefully, you can see her forehead poking up over the edge of the swing, which is taller than she is lying down. Love the swing! Today was the first day that she fell asleep on her own without me holding or nursing her. She was drowsy and I was hungry, so I put her in the swing and turned it up as high as it goes. After a few drowsy eyelid flutters she was out! This is exciting for me b/c it gives me a few more minutes of independance every day. I've been putting her down to sleep on her own for the last three days or so, and she's woken up every time until today. Hooray! (And, she slept there for an hour!)She's tiny, but long, so her 3 month clothes "fit" from head to toe, even though she is nowhere near filling them out. Isn't she cute? Can't wait to get through all those cute sleepers she's got in the closet.
And, last but not least, here is my husband holding our tiny little bundle of cuteness. I love this photo because of his tattoos, his kind smile, and her wonderful little tiny body cuddled up against his chest. She'll soon grow out of the stage where she cuddles up against us with her knees underneath her and her butt in the air. She certainly is a cuddler. She will scooch and wiggle herself into you until her soft little head is nuzzled up against your neck and she's firmly nestled in your arms. Hallelujah! I've got a cuddler in my arms.

3 comments:
You guys make the coolest family. I just held her yesterday and already these pictures make my arms ache to hold her again. Hopefully you are in less pain today. Less pain is good.
Awwww!!!!! (I mean, about how cute she is, not about the milk blisters.)
I'm telling you we should write a book.
"Breast feeding-The Blood Sport"
Not to worry though - it does pass.
Post a Comment