11.26.2008

Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's the time of year when we all sit around the table and recite obligatory lists of what we are thankful for. Eat too many carbs. Start thinking about Christmas.

But there are some things that I am really, truly thankful for this year, and they are:

Our President-Elect.

I am thankful we have someone who is surrounding himself with wise and seasoned advisors. Someone who is interested in finding out what works and not just what is politically correct. Someone who looks like he is going to spend a great deal of time working on domestic issues and actual foreign policy. It will be a nice change after the last several years of grandstanding and ill-motivated use of force abroad.

Our Stuff.

Meaning our house. Our cars. Our nice furniture and all the little things we have around us that make life easier. Like laundry in the house. Oh, the many years of carting laundry up and down stairs and sharing machines with other people. I am so glad that is over. It's easy to take all these material things for granted, especially when they are no longer new. But there are millions of people around the world who would consider us quite rich. And even though money is tight, we are.

Our Family.

This is the big one, of course! Little Eden has arrived and turned our comfortable twosome into a wonderful family of three. I'm still getting used to the whole idea of what it means to be a family. Seems the roles and responsibilities come easier to others than they do to me. But she is our gift from heaven and every moment together is delicious.

And, for our extended families; everyone is in good health, with no major troubles. This is a blessing.

So today when we sit down to eat I will have all these things in my heart, because we are so blessed. And I am thankful.

No comments: